Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Double Product Review: Anew Clinical Eyelift and Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant

Im way overdue to do the Anew Clinical Triple Eyelift review and I also really wanted to do a review on the micro-exfoliant so thought Id do a super quick double review

Both products are available exclusively through Avon (visit  avon.co.nz to find a representative in New Zealand)

First off I'll start with the Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant

I have been using this product since January and it is AMAZING! It is Avons "at-home alternative to microdermabrasion"

This is what the Avon Wesbite says about their product
:
The at-home alternative to micro-dermabrasion. Targets dullness, roughness, lack of radiance, uneven tone. This creamy treatment with aluminium oxide microbead exfoliants (the same materials used in a professional microdermabrasion treatment) produces a powerful polishing action for more youthful-looking skin. Massage over skin using small, circular motions for 1-2 minutes. Follow with a non-AHA moisturiser with sunscreen. Do not use the same day as other exfoliating products. Use every second day.

I don't use this product every second day as I feel I dont need to(I use twice a week)
The first thing I found after using this product is there is no way I can massage it into my face for 2 minutes! The scrub, while the "beads" are tiny they are very rough,not a scratchy rough but more of an "Oh my gosh my skin is going to be so clean!" kind of way.

I feel if you have sensitive skin this may be a bit rough on the skin.

After using it my skin feels soft and looks amazing(considering I dont like my skin without make up that is saying something!). Since using this product I have noticed old acne scars around my chin have faded dramatically and I have been experiencing fewer blackheads. My skin looks younger and "fresher". While I have never tried other at home microdermabrasion kits or microdermabrasion itself this product sure kicks butt!

It comes in a 75g tube and a little goes a long way. It retails for $39.99 but Avon quite often have deals on alot of their products. Is it worth what you pay(even if you do pay full price)? YES YES YES!This exfoliant has become a staple in my skin care regimen.

Next up,Avons Anew Clinical Triple Eyelift

I never would have used this product or purchased it until I recieved it as a Xmas gift,I mean come on a cream that does the job of an eyelift?Not possible. Well it is, kind of!
Anew Clinical Triple Eye Lift comes in a jar sectioned into two parts,one part contains and orange gel for the upper eye area and the other contains a cream coloured cream for the under eye area.

This is what the Avon website says about this product
Unique, dual action formula to target the upper and lower eye area. Instantly: Lifts the appearance of upper eye contours. Smooths and tightens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I have been using this for a few months now and what I have noticed is,my upper eye lids(which have always been quite "heavy") have "lifted" though slightly, still noticeable to myself(although I havent asked anyone"do my lids seem less droopy to you,they would think I am mad!) and I have noticed fewer fine lines. So I think it does do what it claims but if you want the results of an actual eye lift,you will have to go under the knife, sadly.

I have found I can only use this at night even though it says to use it morning and night,once the eye gel dries I cannot apply any product to my lids as the product "pills"( I dont even know if Im describing it properly!). The under eye cream is also quite heavy and primers and concealers just do not seem to sit nicely on top of my skin when this is applied beforehand.



It retails for $59.99 and as I said before Avon quite often have deals on, my personal advice is wait for these deals,while I love this product and use it every night, I would not pay $59.99(ask your avon rep to let you know when your fav products are going to be on special)

Till next time stay Simply Stunningly Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment